I give you back your children, the same children you confidently entrusted to my care last fall. I give them back inches taller, months wiser, more responsible, and more mature than they were last September. It has been my pleasure and privilege to watch your child's grow as third graders.
I give them back reluctantly, for having spent nine months together in our "Ladybug" classroom, we have grown close. We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned, and enriched our lives together this year. They have taught me, just as much as I have taught them. We have been a true community of learners.
I wish you all a fun summer, filled with lasting memories and new learning experiences. For those families staying in the area, I hope you come visit me in August and say "Hi" on your way upstairs to meet your fourth grade teachers! For those families who are moving, I wish you Good Luck at your new school!
Thank you for a wonderful year!
Students enjoyed the farm - learning about soil, agriculture, livestock, ATV safety, greenhouses, and more!
To see all of our photos from the field trip, check out our Photo Album.
Our Earth & Moon Cycles Test in on Friday!
Today we used Pharrell Williams's "Happy" music video to prepare for our Reading SOL. We practiced questions such as these:
- What reference resource would you use to find a synonym of "happy"? (Thesaurus)
- What's the author's purpose of this song? (Entertainment and Persuade)
- What suffix could you add to "truth" to make it mean "full of truth"? (Truthful)
Ask your child what they learned today!
* Our Reading SOL is on Thursday!!!
* No spelling words/test next week.
* All SOL snack/drink donations should be turned in by Monday 5/15.
* We have completed many projects & taken many tests over the the past two weeks. Grades have been updated in PowerSchool. Please check accordingly. The year is almost over. We don't want any surprises on report cards!
Tuesday, May 9th - Data and Probabilty Test
Wednesday, May 10th - Reading SGA Test (all concepts from year)
Thursday, May 11th - Math SGA Test (all concepts from year)
lion, safari, leopard, cheetah, bengal, carnviore, omnivore, herbivore, savannah, and species
Mrs. Hannah Boyce