Next week we will be planning for the Edible Car Races that will take place the last week of school. Students will be assigned teams and will be responsible for the design and execution of their car. The car must be made of edible objects and students are responsible for providing the food. The school will provide toothpicks and skewers for construction purposes. The Races will be held on Wednesday, June 8th. Winning teams from each grade level will receive prizes!
Idea List for Possible Donations:
- Graham crackers
- Round candies
- Rice crispy treats
- Vegetables (zucchini, squash, peppers)
- Anything you can eat that will move or roll well!
Today we used Pharrell Williams's "Happy" music video to prepare for our Reading SOL. We practiced questions such as these:
- What reference resource would you use to find a synonym of "happy"? (Thesaurus)
- What's the author's purpose of this song? (Entertainment and Persuade)
- What suffix could you add to "truth" to make it mean "full of truth"? (Truthful)
Ask your child what they learned today!
Mrs. Hannah Boyce